Senior Care Options are available to older Nebraskans who are considering admission to a nursing home and may be eligible for Medicaid assistance. Clients are screened according to an standardized assessment process developed by the Department of Health and Human Services.
Clients referred to Senior Care Options must meet each of the following criteria:
- The client is 65 years of age or older
- The client is a Medicaid recipient or has a signed application on file for Medicaid
- The client is requesting Medicaid funding to cover the costs of the nursing facility services
- The client must be a nursing facility resident or considering nursing facility admission as determined by one of the following criteria:
- The client is an in-hospital patient with a discharge plan that indicates admission to a nursing facility
- The client lives in a less restrictive living arrangement in the community and has applied for nursing facility admission
- The client entered a nursing facility on a short-term basis for rehabilitative or convalescent care covered by Medicare and/or insurance or
- The client is a private pay nursing facility resident who has applied for Medicaid
Contact our office with questions or for
more information on any of the information on our website.